Reading is a critically important skill, and one which Bishop Carroll is committed to developing in all students.
Bishop Carroll Catholic High School recognizes the importance of reading in our students’ future successes – both in and out of the classroom. Therefore, we continue to require that students complete a supplemental reading requirement in order to graduate. The Accelerated Reader (AR) program is used to assist students and teachers in completing this requirement.
- All BC students must complete 28 AR points this school year.
- Of those 28 points, 14 must be completed by the end of the first marking period.
- Of the remaining points, 7 must be completed by the end of the second marking period, and 7 must be completed by the end of the third marking period.
- Students who do not meet the required AR deadlines will be placed on Academic Probation for a minimum of one week. For example, students who do not meet the 14 point requirement by September will be placed on academic probation for a minimum of one week. Students may only return to full participation upon completion of the requirement.
- In addition, the AR test score average will be included as part of the English grade.
Click Herefor the Accelerated Reader book list with point values.