We are hiring!
Title: Head of School
The Head of School acts as chief administrator for Bishop Carroll Catholic High School, with an enrollment of approximately 180 students, and oversees 20 teaching professionals and 18 non-teaching staff. The Head of School implements the school’s strategies and budget; oversees the implementation of marketing and enrollment initiatives; and ensures compliance with school policies and reporting agencies. A successful Head of School should be willing to pioneer new models for learning in an ever-changing world and serve as an ambassador to K-8 Catholic feeder schools. The Head of School also exudes Roman Catholic values and principles, and serves as a leader in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership exhibiting Catholic values, professionalism, and high academic standards that celebrate student and staff achievements;
- Work with the Board of Trustees, Diocesan Education Office, PIAA, and other governance boards, acting as chief administrator;
- Implement the school’s mission, vision, and strategic planning initiatives;
- Ensure policies and programs are carried out appropriately by all students, parents, and staff;
- Ensure compliance with all local and state laws, and diocesan policies;
- Oversee the implementation of the budget;
- Oversee implementation of school marketing and enrollment plans to achieve and maintain enrollment capacity;
- Serve as liaison between K-8 Catholic schools and the school community;
- Effectively recruit, hire, and retain highly qualified staff; develop effective staff members through an ongoing evaluation process and professional development;
- Address complaints and resolve problems;
- Create and foster a positive school culture by involving school staff, the Board of Trustees, community leaders, students, and parents;
- Serve as the school’s instructional leader and ensure data is being used to drive all academic decisions;
- Ensure teaching staff utilizes the curriculum, effective assessments, and targeted instruction to meet the individual needs of each student.
Education and Experience Required:
- To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability/flexibility: Adapt to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/ethics: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, support Catholic values, and engage in communication with parents.
- Teamwork: Meet all deadlines and responsibilities, listen to others and value opinions, help meet goals, and promote a team atmosphere.
Minimum requirements include:
- Master’s degree required (degree in curriculum, supervision and/or administration is preferred);
- Minimum of five (5) years of school administration;
- Valid and appropriate state administrative licenses;
- Ability to manage teachers and staff;
- Particular experience in the above description is required;
- Ability to pass required background check;
- Catholic school administration experience is preferred.
Interested Applicants Can apply HERE
Bishop Carroll Catholic High School is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty, and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled
Please send cover letter, resume, Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances, and three letters of recommendation to:
Mrs. Lynn Weber, CEO
Bishop Carroll Catholic High School
728 Ben Franklin Highway
Ebensburg, PA 15931